Tuesday, January 13, 2015

It's a brutal world

This is a picture from a buck I had to finish off this past November.  As you can see he didn't have much of a right side, this proved to be deadly for him.  I'm sure the right side grew in weird due to a previous injury. As I was out the door for church on the last day of my hunting trip, my parents' neighbor knocked and asked if I have an archery license.  I replied yes, and asked him what was going on.  He told me there was a buck in his backyard that appeared to be sick, so long story short I had to strap on my boots and grab my bow to finish off this buck that was badly hurt from a fight.  The buck had scratches on his back and an unprotected right eye which had almost been bulged out. As he laid there in an open field, head tucked in his belly riving in pain, I couldn't help but think how brutal the whitetails world can be. As a sportsman, I was sure glad I could end his misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment