Friday, January 23, 2015

Don't sleep in November 1


A couple nice bucks I missed out on. This is a property I hunted quite hard early in the season.  I decided to sleep in on November 1st.  I set my alarm, but woke up to a persistent west wind, which would blow my scent to a nearby river bottom where I had predicted deer would come.  I was very particular all season long about wind direction, it turn outs I should've just hunted anyway.  Of course, then there is no guarantee I would've seen them.  All I know is, I would have loved to release an arrow on one of these two boys.  On this property, I saw four deer on stand (all does) up until late November, it was quite depressing. Besides these two bucks, I had three other bucks pass through on sweet November.  When action has been slow, its easy to convince yourself to stay home because you 'guarantee' it'll be slow again...well, there are no guarantees in bow-hunting, and it's a major reason I find myself heading back to my stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment